Friday, March 18, 2016

Pocket Letter Fun...


I recently found a love of Pocket Letters (PL) and began to think of all the fun ways I could make them.  I was sad that I had missed out on Roni's of Ink Stains blog Pocket Letter swap..  Then I saw that Roni's mom wanted to do a one-on-one swap and I pounced on the chance.  So this is the PL I created for Dixie.  I know she has received it so I wanted to share it with each of you. 
It is hard to photograph in the plastic pockets sleeve but I did it anyway.  This is the front.


And here is the back where all the bits and pieces get put in to give it some fun and personality.  I like to add a name card...top middle.  I love buttons and that is why I did a playing card with buttons I sewed onto it.  Some ephemera for creative bliss.  My letter is behind the crocheted button.  And with all this energy being spent to see what is here I added a bit of chocolate for that much needed "pick-me-up".  I had fun putting this together and Miss Dixie says she likes it so much she will hang it in her studio to see everyday.  That makes me happy!


Here is the PL Miss Dixie created for me.  She wrapped it in a beautiful white paper doily and put a pretty ribbon around to hold it together. 


With the coloring craze that is happening she filled each pocket with an ATC ready for me to color.  How clever is this people?!!


Now for the back side of the pockets.  In keeping with the coloring theme she included a brand new set of pens in fun ink colors.  Lots of ephemera to be creative with.  I love the big buttons in the bottom right pocket.  Behind the top left pocket butterfly is her letter of introduction.  This is a wonderful fun-filled Pocket Letter and I feel very fortunate to be the recipient.  Thank you very much Miss Dixie.


Here is a different PL I created.  I like using a calendar page to cut and place in the pockets.  I know the recipient loves the color yellow.


Then the back pockets were filled with a birthday theme.  Ephemera, beads and chocolate once again.
Are you creating any Pocket Letters?  I sent out another birthday PL and the recipient was very surprised and grateful.  This is a fun bit of Creative Bliss.
I have been working my mini job at the Chamber and it is really taking my entire attention and time.  I feel like I am neglecting my blog and missing so much.  I am able to read many of your blogs when I fall into bed at night and read them on my iPad.  "March"ing along the days are going faster than ever for me.  I am really loving the later light we have in the evenings.  I feel like I still have some of my day left for me to enjoy when I get home.
For now I shall be thankful for my mini job and still able to get into my studio and make some cards and PL's for mailing.  I am determined to be ready for my ever so busy April which is right around the bend.  Love Notes, Random Acts of Mail and National Letter Writing all in April...what was I thinking?  Oh yes...I signed up before I took on this mini job.  They always say, "If you want something done, ask a busy person".  I am that busy person and yes I will get it all done.  I feel blessed to be busy!  Embracing Creative Bliss and I am so very grateful for each of you and your wonderful comments you leave when you visit me. 

16 comments:

  1. I did Roni's pocket letter swap and it was lots of fun. If you want to exchange another one, I would be happy to send you one! thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of pocket letter. Those look like so much fun.

    Life does seem to be so busy lately, but I seem to be saying that more and more lately. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun little gift filled with so many goodies. I'm guessing you are able to buy the plastic pockets to fill up. I've been busy preparing for a bazaar today. And next week I'll be catching up with cleaning, but hopefully also with some blog posting and visiting. Have a good weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. such creativity both by you and Ron`s Mum they are both a delight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really are one super busy gal!!! Those pocket pages are so interesting. Good idea to use the calendar pages! I need to get some more of those pocket pages so I can organize all my Art,Joy,Stuff ATCs in them. I have one album filled with ATCs from swaps some years ago, but now need to get these all together so I can enjoy and admire them.
    Happy Spring and Happy Easter! xoxo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! I hadn't seen these before. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, here is another crafty-maily thing I have never heard of. Looks like fun! I'm going to check this out. I don't do groups well, but I am thinking of someone I would like to send one to. Thanks so much for sharing this really cool idea. AND thank you so much for continuing to blog.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...that was TOO MUCH fun!! Tell me this, do you send them in a 8 x 10 envelope? I didn't find any recommendation of what mailer to use. I'm guessing the 8 x 10 with bubble wrap inside. Spill your guts please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this pocket letter craze, but it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't these fun?? I did make one pocket letter in a vintage/Easter theme. It's surprising how long it can take, but it's very absorbing. The one you gave and the one you got are just wonderful. The bird one, too. Very clever to use the coloring cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, these are all so amazing!! What a fun gift to give and receive!! I love the ones you created!! The inserts you included are so awesome!! And what a beautiful one you've received!! I hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherry. OMG, I was so surprised when I received the PL you sent me. Love love love it. Love all the yellow and the bird is so pretty. I am so grateful and so happy to have received a piece of art from you. Thank you, thank and thank you a million times for remembering my B-Day. Crafty hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Ana Dear. My email link won't work for you so I hope you see this reply. Happy Birthday!

      Delete
  13. these are so adorable! What a great idea!!! I hope I can remember this for a future project with some of my up north pals! Love the piece of chocolate in the first one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep reading about pocket letters everywhere (it seems), I'm curious as to where you find people to swap with. I'd also love to swap one with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sherry hello, I`m trying to catch up, after the time with my family, and after with Mathilde :-) I can see you have posted some posts while away, but I will be back to answer them all.
    The pocket letters are great fun, and you both have found so many sweet and fun pieces to add.
    Yes isen`t it wonderful with the longer day, and the sun when it is here !! Today was such a lovely and sunny day.
    Sending you smiles and a hug.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.