Monday, February 2, 2015

Stitching "Sparrow" Serenity...





I follow Jenny of elefantz.com blog and I have begun a few little stitcheries she generously shares.


Here is my first completed Sparrow for the Operation Sparrow project.  When I read her post on this I was immediately drawn to create a stitchery and mail it away.  You can read all about it in the above link.  I chose to stitch this one in blue variegated thread by Sulky.  I don't think I will use this thread again as it was not very friendly to stitch with.  I will go back to my favored DMC floss.


Here is my 8 inch square of linen that I have transferred the Sparrow on to.  I think I need stronger glasses and more light when doing this transfer with my light box.


Now that Sparrow is transferred I am beginning my stitching.  Those little letters get very tiny when trying to add thread with a needle.  They are not very easy to read.  If you click on my photos they should enlarge for better viewing.


Here is Blue Sparrow ready for mailing to the Operation Sparrow project.  I will sandwich my stitchery between some good white paper for safe keeping.  Now I feel like doing another Sparrow in another color.  This is an easy project to carry along and work on while waiting for appointments.
I hope you visit Jenny and find out if you are interested in stitching a Sparrow or flock of Sparrows.


Here is my January 2015 Fern garden with my White Camelias blooming.  So pretty to have such gorgeous blossoms in our January "Spring".  Winter has not come yet.  We are hoping Febraury will bring lots of rain and snow to help us get out of drought.
I have lots to share this month as I have been staying very busy.  Cleaning, sorting, organizing, crafty swapping and creating a few things.  You all keep me very inspired and I am very grateful.
Creative Bliss and Heartfelt Hugs...

23 comments:

  1. What dainty work! Flowers or even ferns in winter boggles my mind. Definitely lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause...You have such a wonderful kind heart. Oh goodness, your block is adorable and I can see where the words would be a challenge!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cause and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your handwork is lovely, for a worthy cause. And I thought those were lights on a tree in your yard... IN BLOOM?! Just gorgeous!

    Happy week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I wish i could stitch like that. That is one thing I have always wanted to learn. Definitely on my bucket list. Your work is amazing.
    Hope we get some rain here as well. It did rain a little yesterday in the early morning, but we need more. the grass is dry as dry can be and with 70 and 80 degree weather, it doesn't help. WIshing lots of rain your way. Happy crafting and can't wait to see more of your projects. crafty hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitching and the words. Love the heart that stitched it!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your embroidered block, and what a wonderful donation. Thanks for the link. What color floss is next for you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you stitching Sherry! I follow Jenny's blog also - great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing! Fabulous stitched sparrow piece! I also saw your sewing room photos, you are a very lucky lady!!
    I wish for our crazy snow to travel right over to you!!
    xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and sweet dear Sherry, so wonderfully stitched, and the words I love under the little birdie.
    Amazing with the blooming Gardenia, -here the snow falled the two last days, and we are covered !!!
    Hugs,from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little Sparrow Sherry! The blue is such a pretty colour - I've never used Sulky thread for hand-stitching after reading your words I won't bother trying! It's such a joy to hand-work, but not if the thread misbehaves...
    Looking forward to seeing what all your busyness is about this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitching is gorgeous!! It looks so beautiful!! What a wonderful project!! And I absolutely love your fern garden!! The blooming Camelias are fabulous!! I hope you get the rain/snow you need soon!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherry, love your stitching and your Sparrow is stunning. You are just one talented lady and everything you touch is gorgeous.
    Love your fern garden. What a beautiful space to warm up the winter. Love your sewing room below too. It is the perfect space for hours of fun!!
    Hugs and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Jenny's embroideries too. Love the sparrow you stitched Sherry. I got my re-organizing done and am ready to sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny's patterns are just adorable! Your sparrow looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. (Sigh) your sparrow stitching is just so touching and beautiful. Wow. I haven't stitched in such a long time... I am sad to learn that you still deal with drought, Sherry. I wish I could send you heavy clouds and even some snow from the east. I would share... Hugs, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sparrows are very pretty! praying that you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Jenny's designs. This is such a great idea and your stitching is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sherry...I thought of you today while watching the weather channel. They were talking about your drought but also said that rain is on the way. I think I said "yeah" out loud all by myself sitting there in the den with the cat in my lap! :)
    Your sparrow is just lovely. I clicked your link and read about Jenny's project. How wonderful!. And it's equally as wonderful that there are sweeties like yourself who are always there willing to help out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know Jenny appreciates the lovely work you've done. I was drawn to this design and the cause, too, but unlike you, I haven't even started! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The sparrow is beautiful Sherry! A sweet gift it will make. And so beautiful is your Camelia too, and the ferns... Wishing you a plenty of rain and/or snow though to get out the drought. Big hugs and happy smiles coming your way, xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love her sparrow! I made one some time ago for myself - put it on a tea towel with a little applique and a little embroidery. So cute! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.