Friday, January 31, 2014

Fabric Circle Ornaments...


I think we all agree this computer world is pretty amazing.  I was searching something totally unrelated to this post when I found "Folded Fabric Ornaments" on YouTube.  CroutonCrackerJacks was showing how to make something I really liked.  In the past I would have saved it to my "favorites" folder and thought I would make it sometime in the future.  Instead, I got busy and followed along and made it right then.  Success...
So with my 7 1/2" China salad plate from the kitchen I headed to my studio.


I gathered some supplies.  How nice it is to have things for the ready.  Two coordinating fabrics of which one has poinsettias and will be perfect for Christmas time.  Some red buttons which it appears I am running very low on.  Then I knew I had some gold and silver cording saved from Christmas tags I didn't use.  I cut out my circle.


Here is my circle sewn just like CroutonCrackerJacks showed me to do.  Then I followed his directions and voila...


A Folded Fabric Ornament!  Success the very first time.  Wow did I feel good.  And this is January...not late in hectic December.  I could make these and put them in my gift cupboard...ahead of time!  So I made three.
Then I got to thinking what would they look like in non Christmas fabrics.  So I dug in my fabric stash and came up with some vintage red and some vintage white matching fabrics that have tiny little vines and hearts on them.  Hmmm...


Here are my Valentine "Folded Fabric Ornaments".  I am very pleased. I put little heart buttons in the centers of two.  Then I used a little red heart bead for the center of one and liked it too.  After all, more and more people are celebrating every holiday and some even have trees with ornaments for each holiday.  Or an ornament could just keep you company in the window or inspiration board of your sewing room.  Something to view and smile and know that Creative Bliss abounds.
I am grateful for the generous sharing of crafters around the world.  Thank you CroutonCrackerJacks for inspiring me to make these wonderful little gems.
Our rain only lasted one short day.  We need lots more however I am grateful for the bit we got.  My daffodils are beginning to bud and I know they appreciated the drink.
If you are looking for me I will probably be in my sewing room.  I hope you are making things that smile with delight.  Creative Stitching Bliss...

26 comments:

  1. Very cute - I love them! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat!!!! And you're already ahead for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, it's 110 degrees F. here, and I have run out of inspiration.I'm off to make some of these.They look so cute!!Thanks!!
    Judyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a fabric circle?!?! How adorably precious are these? I love them!

    Hugs and happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pick the cutest things to do! These are winners on quite a few counts! Happy holidays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be so pleased! You did a wonderful job on these folded ornaments. It is a fab pattern. Thanks to CroutonCrackerJacks for the tut!
    I think you are well set for wonderful gifties! And so early in the year. Fab!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! It reminds me of the cathedral window quilting pattern - so pretty Sherry.
    I very much admire your sense of immediacy with this - it is truly a wonderful thing to see something, be inspired and go create - how very lucky we are indeed.
    And how clever you are, to get a head start on holiday gifts... I myself am hoping to do the very same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those folded fabric ornaments are wonderful, Sherry! So happy you shared this! I wonder if I can make myself try one now instead of thinking I'll get to it later?
    So happy you got some rain, even though not enough!
    Trying to "catch up" with things here, hoping to get back into more fun & creative activities soon.
    xoxo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry, these are a sweet make! And quite versitle too! So easy to get sidetracked online. But love it when it turns into a benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these have worked well, I have done them with Jennie Rayment, used felt for some and also done them from fabric made on the embellishing machine, they make quite nice handbag decorations if you use the right colours,

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! I know I have some Christmas fabric around here somewhere, and with all this snow we're getting, I'm still in the Christmas spirit! Thanks for sharing the info and the pictures of your adorable ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like magic! YOUR magic! Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!I love handmade decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look fabulous! They remind me of the catherdal window quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, these are so creative!! I love the design!! They are fabulous!! The heart buttons in the center are a perfect touch!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. The internet really s amazing!
    what a wonderful project you found. darling quilted ornament
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, those are darling. I have lots of "stash" so I should be able to make some without even going to the store. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are delightful. I shall be looking them up. I love how you are already filling your gift closet. Ah!
    I am still cleaning out my studio. I am such a pack rat. sheesh what a job. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am always amazed by all the different medias you work so proficiently in! These are gorgeous and will make welcome Christmas and Valentines treasures. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Creatology" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! Now if I only remember this blogpost at Christmas time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those ornaments look so fun! Almost fun enough for me to try, and you know I don't sew!! Super cute for sure!!
    I hope the short rain was, at least, a small help.
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  23. They're wonderful Sherry!! Love that you tried your hands on it immediately. And they're come out just gorgeous!
    Big hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how cute these are, Sherry! It's so nice to try something new on the spur of the moment. I love how they turned out!...I hope you get more rain very soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these! They remind me of a cathedral window quilt. Can't you just see a whole tree covered in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.