Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thank You Donna of Brynwood Needleworks

I want to thank Miss Donna of Brynwood Needleworks for her brilliant post today. I think most of you follow Donna and her beautiful blog however if you don't you will want to. Today she is thinking of a wonderful monthly stroll down memory lane. I agree that I often go down memory lane, especially when being creative as my mother and grandmother were super creative and taught me so much. It will be fun to read what stories we bloggers share. I believe the first date is Monday January 31st.
I also wish to thank Donna for sending me one of her giveaway mug mats. It arrived wrapped in beautiful green tissue, soft beige ribbon and an adorable acorn tag with her handwritten note. This photo is after I already opened the package as I just could not wait to see inside. :o)

And inside...pure sunshine! Donna is an extraordinary quilter and seamstress. I can guarantee this little beauty is not going to get mugs of any kind sitting on it for spills of anything. I have something much safer in mind to honor it's beauty. Thank you Donna as I adore your mug mat.
Today Mr. C and I took a stroll in our little town as the sun was shining there (but not at our super cold and wet wintery home just 1.5 miles away) and the temperature actually got to 60F. Oh the sun felt so warm and wonderful as it touched my face. We sat at a little outdoor coffee house and enjoyed watching all the people out and about. We spent several hours just enjoying the day. Then it was off to get ice cream before heading home.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend just as you most like doing.
Happy enjoying...


13 comments:

  1. Thank you, yes, I have had a good weekend too. It was 50 today! Wooohoooo!
    Isn't it just delicious to sit outside???

    I have never heard of a mug mat before. What a fab idea, and what a beautiful one your friend sent you.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory Lane is the greatest lane to stroll down!
    What fun to hear about you walk to town! I can just picture you and
    Mr C sitting having coffee and then ice cream! Yummy-yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mug mat is so pretty, and Donna is so creative, I'll have to go check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will have to check this out! I wish it were 60 here...this morning it is -1

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I love all the colors of the mat, certainly it will brighten up your mornings :) Havea a lovely weekend!

    - the runaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can`t believe that you can sit outside, enjoying coffe-and people- and then also eating icecream! how wonderfull- not much like that here !-
    The mug mat win, is lovely-and so really sunshine colors-yes.
    Hope your rest sunday is cosy,too-
    XOX, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that Donna a doll? I just love her! And memory lane is a great place to be. Enjoy!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What a gorgeous Mug Mat. I feel like it needs a prettier name though... it's just lovely... HERE, I just tranlated it into French for you: natte de tasse

    Perfect don't you think? Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Donna!!! I love your mug mat too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can't wait to feel the lovely warmth of the sun on my face again! It's been non stop rain all day here in England UK today! Still, there are signs of Spring appearing in the ground so that's good!

    Love the beautiful mug rug - I agree, far too pretty to put any mugs on!

    Hope your week will be good x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..., this is so great and colourful! I love it!
    Hugs, Sarah
    www.saranndipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna is indeed a great person! Enjoy her mug mat gift to you - I am always in awe of her talents. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors too. What a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.