Friday, November 26, 2010

Button Bookmarks...

Button Bookmarks are very easy to make. I had made some and then discovered them in this button book.
I like to use grosgrain ribbon due to it's strength to hold up the weight of a button or two. You really could use any ribbon and either double it or sandwich it with some fusible interfacing. This bookmark actually has buttons on each side of the top. A plain side and a fancy side if you like. It isn't necessary to put buttons on both sides as it tends to make the bookmark too top heavy.

These fun pink bookmarks are merely folded over about an inch on the top and have a couple of fun buttons stacked and tied with twine or ribbon or crochet thread.


This one appears to be my favorite. I used some ribbon that my sister had wrapped my birthday present with. The fun flowers are perfect with this color combination.


I think once you get started you will find a ton of ideas just flood forth. The combinations are endless and the time is minimal for each bookmark. This would even be a good fundraiser item. Now I hope you will see your ribbons and buttons in an entirely new dimension.
Now back to the studio for more creative ideas. This is the season for lots and lots of gift giving and I am one who loves to give handmade gifts. Our family always believed those were the best gifts to give. Lots of time and thought and love put into each and every gift made.
What are you making?
Happy creating...





15 comments:

  1. wow
    these are so beautiful! I have to agree with you~the blue one is my favourite i say that because it is a fun colour and it brightens me up! Very nice, very very very nice!
    Ciao
    Sarah L.
    www.sarannedipity.blogspot.com
    Thanks for your comment
    by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet, and a very good idea, --
    I hope you had a lovely thanksgiving.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are so very pretty, especially the blue and white one! The funny thing is I too have that book but must confess it is sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust - you know how it is!! Must dig it out again now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's an easy Christmas present project waiting to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I now have a great idea for my name tag. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DO NOT KNOW what I would do without the use of my hands to create WHATEVER I FIND TO MAKE!!! These are so wonderful and a great use of buttons and ribbon and a quick and inexpensive BUT THOUGHTFUL gift! THANK YOU FOR COMING BY TO VISIT and getting to know me better! You are such a sweetheart and I so appreciate your world, what you love to do and your kindness.

    Have a fun and inspiring weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bookmarks are fabulously fun! Thanks for sharing how to make them. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bookmarkers are beautiful and so creative. I think I will make my Mom one of those for her Bible. Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is beautiful.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful idea, these are so pretty. I shall keep that idea in mind thank you. Thanks also for your lovely comment and yes its still snowing here today and apparently the forcast is for a lot more lol.

    Also I popped by to let you know that i have posted about something special for Christmas at Dezinaworld and didnt want you to miss out. please pop by and check it out when you have time.
    have a lovely weekend my friend
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and you're now enjoying the long weekend (and having lots of fun creating!)...These bookmarks couldn't get any cuter! Ribbons and buttons...how perfect!...I also loved your oversized Christmas ornament cards, AND what you've got going on your work table as well. You're right, there's nothing as special as a handmade gift...Sounds like you got hit with that snow. I'm so jealous! I love the snow, but so far nothing here, but a few flurries the other day. My fingers are crossed for another white Christmas, even if the odds of it happening again this year aren't in my favor...It's so nice to visit here. You're always up to something fun! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. I have so many readers in my family...now I have a perfect partner with books I am gifting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is such a cute idea, I think I should give it a try! I think the aqua one is my favorite too, well they are all darling!
    Have a glorious weekend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    Wanted you to know I posted a link to this tutorial today on my blog, PaperFriendly.

    Nancy Ward
    P[aperFri9endly
    http://www.nancywardcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops!

    The URL for PaperFRiendly is http://www.nancywardcrafts.com

    Sorry for the goof...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.