Friday, November 5, 2010

Being Blog Grateful...

Being Blog Grateful is saying I am grateful for the wonderful friends I have made through blogging. My friend Dorthe is across the world in Denmark. Many of my followers are also followers of Dorthe. Here is her blog link for you to check out if you are new to her.
Dorthe sent me this surprise package and I was thrilled to open it up and see what was inside. The wrapping is vintage wallpaper with a soft ribbon tied to hold it together.

Inside is this beautiful lavender sachet pillow with lovely embroidery and some lace and buttons. The smell is divine. Dorthe also included this amazing piece of driftwood she collects while on her beach walks. There is some black sequined trim wound around the driftwood. And a lovely piece of muslin ribbon that she has handstamped with a fancy bee design.

I am truly grateful for my blog friend Dorthe. She is not only a lovely lady she is also an extraordinary creative artist. When you visit her blog you will see the amazing dolls she makes and sells.
Thank you most sincerely Miss Dorthe. I am enchanted with my gifts you sent me. I treasure them as I treasure your blog friendship. The world is much smaller when we have such great communications via blogging and art in common.
Did you ever see driftwood as creative as this? Have you tried stamping on muslin fabric?
I am inspired by these generous gifts. I am inspired by Dorthe and her blogging.
Being grateful is so heartwarming.




9 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts Sherry, blogland is certainly one beautiful place that gives so much in so many ways xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! (You have good friends because you are a good friend!) ♥ Love, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely surprise and all the way from Denmark! Cool! Dorthe is very creative and these pieces are just wonderful, you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some one has been very creative, a lovely treasure!
    Have the loveliest of weekends. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a fabulous friend you have to send you such beautiful gifts as these. Enjoy! keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love what Dorthe sent you and the hand stamped BEE muslin is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special! Friends in other countries are such a treasure. I love both of your blogs!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift Dorthe has given you, she is so sweet!

    Thank you for entering my giveaway and best of luck!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I adore surprise mail gifts from fellow bloggy friends...it is so inspirational to see what others think to do for friends here in blogland...

    thanks for sharing your gift with us!

    have a happy and creative day!

    ciao bella!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.