Saturday, October 2, 2010

Surprise Package...

As I set out today to run some routine errands I thought I might check my post office box at the local branch. To my surprise I had this package to pick up. A package I was not expecting is always wonderful to receive. This one came all the way from England in the UK. Wow now that is a far piece from here. Please be certain to check out Sherry (yes it is spelled exactly like mine!) and her super blog. She had said a short time ago that I was selected to win soap and a magnet she bought on her recent trip to Greece. Wonderful...but then I forgot to think of a package arriving.
Inside the box was the fun fabric wrapped bundle. I unwound the fabric and could not believe it is almost 5 yards of one continuous strip. I already have ideas for this cheerful fabric. Olive Oil soap that smells divine. A magnet of what looks to be a treasure of Greek icons. A mica butterfly charm and a handmade tag that Sherry made was attached to the bundle with some polka dot ribbon I love.

Now isn't this the best surprise for a Saturday filled with chores and errands? I am so very blessed. Thank you sincerely Sherry.
Don't you love to get surprise packages in the mail? In fact I just sent a couple of packages out this past week to unsuspecting recipients just to brighten their day when they get them.
I have never done a formal giveaway just because I like the element of surprise instead. I just don't think I could stand to pick one of many that take the time to enter for a giveaway. LOL
My followers are adding up and I am so amazed at how blogging has increased my world. I just might one day email and ask for your mailing address and send a surprise your way. Thank you everyone for spending time with me and my blog. I read every comment and find them to be not only interesting but many times thought provoking for me. I hope to continue my life journey and always be a better person through learning and listening and experiencing.
Happy Haunting October. Please think pink for all women and men as breast cancer awareness is also this month.
Happy Creating...


9 comments:

  1. You too? I received a total surprise today. I have a flat tire so I cleaned my studio today and my surprise arrived this afternoon.
    Yes, it is fun to get a surprise from left field isn't it? Your goodies are wonderful! Sherry is a sweetie, but then, so are you!
    Enjoy your goodies and your weekend.
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice gift that arrived in you post office box today! sweet and fun stuff. love the fabric. i know you will have fun with that!

    enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    hugs, Cory

    aren't blog friends the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny, because I too received a package in the mail today that I wasn't expecting. It was wonderful to get art postcards and a gallery book. I really like your post today. I feel that our blog-world has widened my little piece of the world in such a special way. It's so comforting to share thoughts, dreams , feelings, art, creativity, even fears, with others. Everyone is so kind and supportive and open. I can't imagine my life without friends like you and our other 'followers'! Enjoy your creating this Sunday, too, Sherry!
    ~Kathy♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received a lovely package! Always so exciting to receiving sweet surprises in the mailbox.
    Have a sweet Sunday and a good start of the new week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ,yes, that must have made your saturday,-so lovely.
    Wishing you a beautifull sunday, too.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so strange to see a picture on your blog of what I sent to you from all these miles and miles away! I'm really glad it arrived safely and that you like it Sherry - you are most welcome! I too love all the friendship and inspiration that the blogging world brings - it so brightens the days!

    Thank you also for your email - the fabric is from an end of roll (a very large roll) that I bought many years ago at an exhibition in London - I'm so glad you like it and may be able to find a use for it.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great surprise. I like the idea of surprise gifts than random give aways! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely surprise! It's just the best when we get goodies we don't expect!
    Have a lovely week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teehee! This comment comes all the way from England in the UK! What a fabby surprise package you have there. Must have been so much fun to open. I hope you enjoy using all the wonderfulness inside. keeley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.