Monday, September 13, 2010

shopping etsy...

I am certain that many of you follow Diane Knott and her daughter Holly. They not only blog but have an etsy shoppe that is quite successful. While reading Diane's blog I noticed that she was listing some things I really liked and thought I should have in my stash of craft supplies. So I ordered and the package arrived poste haste and was wrapped super cleverly and included a bonus of recipe cards which I was not expecting. We all love to get a surprise don't we?!
This is what I actually ordered. Butterfly stamped muslin "ribbon". It was all wrapped neatly around a flat clothespin which has been stamped with musical notes. How fun is that?!!
Here is the "ribbon" and I just love it. Isn't it wonderful when something is even nicer than what you expected? I will definitely be buying more of what Diane and Holly make and sell in their etsy shop. Quality, unique handmade items are such a treasure.
Now what will I use this hand stamped muslin ribbon for? Hmmm...
Happy creating.

12 comments:

  1. very sweet! and Diane is a super nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes bump...I get this reaction to such cleverness...I really do! You are right...HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!
    I love it!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable ribbon and such attention to details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifull,
    I too love what thise two clever ladyes ,makes.
    XO Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The 'ribbon' is soo sweet!
    HAve a happy Tuesday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the advice, now I'm going to visit Diane
    I love your blog!!!
    greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finds. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOUUU...wonderful stuff. I love that hand stamped muslin! I am sure you will find just the right way to use it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you. It's wonderful when you get a little surprise you were not expecting. What a lovely little package!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous!
    Love real people making real things... nothing beats shopping handmade :) Enjoy your ribbon!
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, what a surprise to find your post!! I'm so glad you like the ribbon and the little "extra"! If what I create makes someone smile, that's enough for me to know I did something right! Thank you for the promo. :-)

    And your Weight Watchers post....I try to follow their philosophy in my eating too. It helps keep me where I am weight-wise, but ideally I'd like to go 10 lbs. lighter. But I can live with it if this is where my body thinks it should be at my age. My biggest problem and probably everyone else's who is concerned about eating right: when eating out! More restaurants need to come up with healthy alternatives other than SALAD! :-( And they need to say that healthy choices on their menu are just that so we don't have to guess which might be the better one to eat.
    Good luck to you!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this is so beautiful and original. fabulous ribbon
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.