Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve...




A very Merry Christmas Eve to everyone. Here in Northern California it is raining and pretty much washing away the beautiful white snow we had. I think we are down from 1 1/2 feet to about 4 inches on the decks and ground. It was snowing this morning but the rain has taken over. It is very cold and we are thankful to be inside our cozy home with power to run the lights and heater and oven.




I just baked a smothered pumpkin cake for dessert tonight so it smells heavenly. A little whipped cream on top and yummy in my tummy! We will be spending this evening with friends and sharing good hot soup and dessert all around. Of course some presents will be opened also.




I feel a small sense of accomplishment for finishing a lovely purple scarf for a friend. She doesn't know it is finished and hasn't gotten it yet due to the traveling conditions we have had with snow and ice. I know she will love it because she actually bought the beautiful soft, fuzzy, double strand yarn so that she could learn to knit or crochet. I tried to help her however my knitting skills are not so good and we both had struggles. Therefore we tried crocheting and there is where I excell. So, I volunteered to "start" her scarf for her and she could finish making it. :-) Well, after I worked with the yarn I realized how difficult it is with the separation of the two different strands wound together and the ability of the fat strand to split on it's own I just knew she would have way too much stuggling so I just kept on crocheting and getting more skeins of her yarn from her (I think the count is five) and finished it. I did let her see it to ask if she wanted fringe or not and decided she did but not real long. Lindsay if you are reading this and see the picture I hope you love your scarf!




A very Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.